Best ways to crack a placement
After reading this article you will be able to know the Best ways to crack a placement. As a matter of fact, you are fresher in case of Campus Hiring. so, no Company will expect extraordinary skills from you. Just prepare the skills listed in this article as The company believes that you are a raw material ready to mould. This article states all the skills as well as from where you can acquire those skills.
The General process of recruitment:
- Written (aptitude, programming).
- Case study or Group discussion.
- Technical interview.
- HR interview.
BEST WAYS TO CRACK WRITTEN TEST
Above all, This is the important phase where there will be mass elimination. In other words, they Filter more. Before one month from your placements you should start preparing for written.
HOW TO PREPARE/WHERE TO PREPARE?/WHAT TO PREPARE?
Topics to be prepared for aptitude:
- Number series
- Blood relations
- Venn Diagrams & Cubes
- HCF & LCM
- Time & distance
- Profit and Loss
- Problems on ages
- Clocks& calendars
- Analytical Reasoning
After preparing this topic you are ready for aptitude test but there are some specific topics you have to prepare just before the written test. This specific topic depends on third parties.
WHO ARE THIRD PARTIES?
All the MNC’s( multi-national companies ) will mostly give the contracts to conduct the written test on their behalf, those companies are called third parties.
List of third party vendors:
1) AMCAT(Deloitte, Wells Fargo, BOA, CTS, TCS, Accenture,Wipro)
2) Cocubes(NCR, Capgemini, BOSCH, Yes Bank )
3) Merittrac( infosys, Huawei, naaptol )
4) eLitmus(oracle, Dell international services, Ericsson, HCL technologies)
AMCAT means Aspiring Minds computer adaptive Test. The Test is conducted and organised by aspiring minds team, However it is one of the largest employability test in India. The test helps the companies and institution to choose the right candidates for job roles. Ultimately, this stood above its compititors.
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR AMCAT:
A) Basic Numbers
- Decimals and fractions
- Basic algebra
- HCF, LCM
- Factorisation & divisibility
B) Word problems
- Application of algebra to real world.
- Directions and inverse proportions
C) Common Application
- Profit and loss
- Age relations
D) Permutation and combination, Basic probability
E) Power and logarithms
F) Blood relations and Analytical reasoning
CoCubes is a third party for many companies, providing recruitment services through a conducting aptitude test for shortlisting candidates. Companies prefer aptitude tests conducted by Cocubes.
The questions asked in the written test by Cocubes mostly consisted of the following sections:
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR COCUBES:
- Numerical Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Sentence Equivalence and Verbal Reasoning.
- General Knowledge section was seldom included, if required by the company.
- The questions seemed to prioritize agility to intellect. The difficulty of the questions was quite easy, relative to other competitive aptitude tests conducted directly by few other companies.
Rigorous practice leading to increase your problem solving speed and accuracy may be enough to be highly successful in CoCubes tests.
MeritTrac is India’s Largest Testing & Assessment services company in the private sector. It provides innovative assessment services to leading educational institutions, government organizations and corporate entities.
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR MERITTRAC:
- Data interpretation 4-5 Questions
- Visual reasoning 4-5 Questions
- Data sufficiency 3-4 Questions
- Logical reasoning 4-5 Questions
- syllogism 3-4 Questions
- Coding and decoding 3-4 Questions
- Critical reasoning 3-4 Questions
- Reading comprehension 10-12 Questions
- Para-jumble – 6-8 Questions
- Sentence Correction – 6-8 Questions
eLitmus was launched in 2005. At this point it is called as pH test (Hiring Potential Test). Of course the main aim of the eLitmus test is to provide jobs for freshers and entry-level professionals. eLitmus Evaluation Private Limited is a Bangalore based company which conducts and organise tests all over India. Afterward, eLitmus tied up with 200 up companies to recruit the job seekers.
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR ELITMUS:
- Number Systems
- Percentage and Interest
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Geometry, Coordinate Geometry
- Logarithms, Quadratic Equations
- Probability, Permutation and Combination
- Time and Work
- Allegation and general logic.
- Analytical section
- Reading Comprehension
- Paragraph Formation/ Para-jumbles
- Fill in the appropriate words and English Grammar.
Beware If there is a negative marking for wrong answers. If a candidate gets more than 25 percent questions wrong of their total attempt, then for every wrong answer half a mark is deducted. If more than 1/4th of the total questions are wrong, then negative marking would be applied. Remember that negative marking is section wise and not on the complete test.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR WRITTEN
- Firstly, Remember that there will be Section wise cutoff.
- A lot of engineering students fear the aptitude tests. But the fact is that there’s nothing to worry about because it’s VERY EASY to crack aptitude tests. All it takes is practice. At any rate, keep on practising and in a month or two – you will solve all the aptitude questions like a pro. Don’t expect to master the aptitude skills in just a week or two. As it requires at least one and half to two months of time.
- One thing you can definitely do is skip the harder topics. Most of the students do skip questions on permutations and combinations, probability as those are difficult topics as a matter of fact. So skip them! But at the same time, make sure you’re very good at cracking all the other types of questions.
- Pay attention to your written and spoken English skills
- learn the basics of programming languages
BEST WAYS TO CRACK GROUP DISCUSSION/ CASE STUDY
Firstly, you have to know the difference between a group discussion and case study. In a Group discussion, group of participants are made to discuss on a topic for a limited time while in Case study, group of participants are made to solve a scenario. Where all the participants should work as a team to bring the solution to the scenario.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR GROUP DISCUSSION/CASE STUDY
- Be as natural as possible in the first place. Be yourself. In an attempt to be someone else, your opinions will not be portrayed. Therefore, Do not try to be someone you are not.
- Sit with a straight and confident posture.
- Be assertive yet humble. You need to stick to your values and beliefs mean while learn to respect the values and opinions of others too.
- Grab the opportunity to speak first i.e. to start the group discussion with your opinion. It generally leaves a good impression for the evaluator on you in the first place, but take the move only if you have complete knowledge of the subject.
- Do not repeat a point, or be lengthy or irrelevant. Also intervene, if someone else is going on an irrelevant track.
- Facilitate contribution from others. Do not just go on and on and on with only your opinionated view. Remember, it is a group discussion. Allow others to speak too.
- Make an eye contact with all the participants as a result, it creates more room for conversation. Also keep nodding, when others speak, it shows receptivity.
- Be an active and dynamic participant. The examiner wants to hear you speak at any rate, do put forward your views.
- Be positive and prepare your thoughts well but do not be over-confident.
- Think well before you speak as You are being heard and judged upon.
- When raising an objection to a point kept by another speaker, back it up with a solid reason to get the point across.
- Use quotes, facts and figures, statements, everyday life examples to express a clear chain of thoughts. Also it might leave a good impression on the examiner and help you score well.